Stamp Duty in case of registration of flat of Rs 40 lakh

I would like to purchase a flat of Rs 40 Lakh , jointly with my spouse. My self being an ex service men how much I need to pay stamp duty, registration charges and other misc expense. Thanks.

Dear client,
The stamp duty is different in different areas. In some areas is 6% and some areas is 5% please check with your local registar office, and registration fees is 1%. If the property is registered in the name of women then you can save Stamp duty, for example in Delhi Stamp duty is 6% but if property is registered in woman name then Stamp duty to pay 4% .

if you wants to buy a properity 40 lakhs then you pay 7%of circ le rate on your part and 5% on your suppose,s part if your suppose is a ladies if not a ladies you pay 7% on 4o lakh and 2% registration fee and 1% other expences

in uttar pradesh:
normal stamp duty is 7% of the value of the flat
1% concession for ladies
in your case, i.e. jointly the stamp duty comes to 6.5% around 260000
registration fee around 20200
other misc expenses 4000

Kindly give detail of the property then only the realistic figures can be shared with you . The stamp value can be calculated only on the actual property details with actual price , so provide the details accordingly