quesShare in self acquired property.

My grandfather purchased a property in 1933 vied registry now my grandfather died in 1979 leaving 4 sons & two daughters & wife In 1988 my grandmother died and in the same year we have an oral settlement and memorandum among the 4 brothers that the said property will go to one of the son ( My father) who will give the three brothers money against that , and will also leave his share from some of property of my grandfather as per the valuer, there was a registered relinquish deed among the brothers in 1997. Few days back my cousin brother who's father has relinquished his share in favor of my father has sent a legal notice that this property belongs to the grandfather so he is one of the Coppertone and he also have right.

  • ansI am presuming he died intestate. On your grandmother's death, her 1/7th share will devolve among her 6 children. The family settlement entered into does not mention about share of 2 daughters. Although your father's brothers have signed relinquishment deeds and received share of money his sisters have not signed any such deed. Your cousin's brother legal notice is devoid of any merits. It was self acquired property of your grandfather. Your father's brother had signed relinquishment deed the cousin cannot claim any share.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

i am 24 years old(male) .i have a elder brother(27) and a small brother(14). my…
Is wife having share in her husband's ancestral property, an equal to her husband's share?
I have my ancestral agricultural land. The relinquishment deed was in my ancestors name in…

actually in 1983 my father purchased a land of 400 gaj at alipur highway near…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly