Share in self acquired property.

My grandfather purchased a property in 1933 vied registry now my grandfather died in 1979 leaving 4 sons & two daughters & wife In 1988 my grandmother died and in the same year we have an oral settlement and memorandum among the 4 brothers that the said property will go to one of the son ( My father) who will give the three brothers money against that , and will also leave his share from some of property of my grandfather as per the valuer, there was a registered relinquish deed among the brothers in 1997. Few days back my cousin brother who's father has relinquished his share in favor of my father has sent a legal notice that this property belongs to the grandfather so he is one of the Coppertone and he also have right.

I am presuming he died intestate. On your grandmother's death, her 1/7th share will devolve among her 6 children. The family settlement entered into does not mention about share of 2 daughters. Although your father's brothers have signed relinquishment deeds and received share of money his sisters have not signed any such deed. Your cousin's brother legal notice is devoid of any merits. It was self acquired property of your grandfather. Your father's brother had signed relinquishment deed the cousin cannot claim any share.