Share in property purchased by father in brother's name

we have 3 brother's and 2 sisters,properties are of my mother father and younger and elder brother name ,two properties are which are with my younger and elder brother name are purchased by by father and registered when they are 22 yr old ,now they are unemployed ,they are not willing to return or they are not willing to solve the problem,what shall i do.

Answers (1)

143 votes

Your father can file a case but he has to prove he paid the amount for the properties.
However, the properties in the name of the major sons and daughter are their properties so none can dispossess them even though the money was paid by father.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

my father has baught a plot at his own but now because of some familiy despute his elder brother says that he will calim your plot. so can he cla…

Read More

My mother died in year 2006. We are 7 siblings but we do not have taking terms with each other. How to divide amongst us our mother's jewelleries …

Read More

Me and My brother is purchasing a Flat in pune. We want both of us to be the owner of the house and including this we also want to take the benefits o…

Read More

Last year my father passed away suddenly, he didn’t sale his property or he didn’t make will. After 1 year of his demise, my brother and m…

Read More