Property dispute between brothers. Can it be settled out of court?

24-Feb-2023 (In Property Law)
My father(resting in heaven) has a 100 yard house in which me and my two brothers is living but before my father's death he partitioned the property among me and my two brothers. I want to build a separate house but in my area of property there is a room of my brother which he is not leaving. I have asked him several times but he always avoid it by saying that he has no money but i know he is lying. I want to build a separate house for peace and happiness of my family and also i don't want court and police issues.Can there is another way to solve the dispute if not then atmost how much time will it take in court. ( I have all the original documents of my part of area.) Please help me because only you can save my family's happiness. Waiting for an early and best response. 
Answers (6)

Answer #1
983 votes
In this case you can go for mediation or arbitration by an expert lawyer. And if your brothers are not ready for this then file a court case for partition of this property. The court will do equal partition of the property then you and they can build a happy home .

Answer #2
799 votes
You have to file a suit for possession of your share as per the Petition amongst you people.It would take about 2 to 5 years to settle the can visit Legal aid authority and give pre litigation notice through legal aid and see if it can be settled without litigation.
Answer #3
870 votes
Look if you don't want court proceedings then there is a mid way of mediation in court where both parties can sit and resolve the matter. If mediation remains successful then your problem will solve. For further details please meet me.
Answer #4
974 votes
We can help you out as we have experience in these matters and you can contact us with your papers . We can send him a notice and act as your legal representatives and try for a out of court settlement . If settlement is not possible ,then we ll have to file a suit. How did he make a room there ?
Answer #5
597 votes
Good afternoon
For purchasing happiness u can ask your brother to take money from u for that area of the room. In case he accepts it then you can construct the house of your own choice and if not we can file a in the court of law and seek it's intervention in present matter. Rest on.meeting. Minimum time required is 15-24 months
Answer #6
606 votes
Dear Mr....
There are always alternative remedies are available to solve a dispute apart of court can approach to mediation cell fir any settlement,if nothing will come out then you can approach court by way of proper procedure that requires time and money both.decision is yours.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."