quesprivate complaint for the bailiff property trespass.

My cousin got a bailiff order, and for the fear of their cousins, she did not enter the property for the last 10 years, now their cousin broke open the bailiff sealed property and trying to destroy the property and illegally trying to sell the property when we gone and told to police station, they say get a private complaint filed in criminal court and get order , since this is a civil matter, kindly advise.

  • ansPolice is legally right in advising her to go to court. She should have obtained the possession of the property if the court had ruled in her favor. Why did she not act for 10 years? If she feared that her cousins will cause her any harm then she should have pointed this out to the court when the bailiff's assistance was provided by the court. Now let your cousin initiate contempt proceedings against her cousins for violating the judicial order. They can be imprisoned. She should also immediately file a case for seeking a stay on the sale of the property by them.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

How can i get stay order from the court? What do you mean by Stay…

Dear Lawyers, I purchased a constructed house in bangalore,measurement of 30x40(1200 Sqft) under home loan…

How many years of link documents are needed to sell the property? I heard from…
I am an NRI living in Kuwait. I jointly owned a property with my Ex-Husband…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly