×

quesprivate complaint for the bailiff property trespass.

My cousin got a bailiff order, and for the fear of their cousins, she did not enter the property for the last 10 years, now their cousin broke open the bailiff sealed property and trying to destroy the property and illegally trying to sell the property when we gone and told to police station, they say get a private complaint filed in criminal court and get order , since this is a civil matter, kindly advise.

• ansPolice is legally right in advising her to go to court. She should have obtained the possession of the property if the court had ruled in her favor. Why did she not act for 10 years? If she feared that her cousins will cause her any harm then she should have pointed this out to the court when the bailiff's assistance was provided by the court. Now let your cousin initiate contempt proceedings against her cousins for violating the judicial order. They can be imprisoned. She should also immediately file a case for seeking a stay on the sale of the property by them.