quesPartition suit of property.

We have an ancestral property in Burdwan ,an small independent house on a land of 1170 sq ft(in total) this inclusive of common walls. The total valuation of the land+house is Rs 40/- lacs. We are 5 legal heirs , 3 of us are claiming to sell the house and take the proceeds but the rest two of us are claiming that either we three sell our shares to two of them at a much discounted market rate or to go for a partition suit.

These two are claiming that if we go for a partition suit they will opt for a space of 487 sq.ft(in total)[The house has 3 rooms + 1 kitchen + 1 bathroom] for staying i.e. they will claim that they have no place to stay hence court shall never opt for selling and draw margins.Hence we three won't be able to sell our 683sqft as no body will buy such small amount (all buyers want to buy the whole plot which is as it is small) and hence shall have to sell it back to them for again a discounted price then(after 10 years of partition suit in district court). I want to know whether these two of my relatives are claiming correctly and forcefully we three have to succumb to them without a partition suit as that is only waste of time for three of us.

  • ansLitigation takes time. No doubt suits take 10 to 15 years to be disposed of. It is always better to resolve disputes amicably within family, it is not possible to resolve then partition suit is the only option. You have to pay court fees and legal fees too. No one can predict out come of litigation. Hence consult a local lawyer and then take decision.

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

hello sir, i am mouna, my father is having a property in his name now…
I elder brother purchased a property, shared with younger brother on request in early 80's.…
Can a property which was sold by my mother 15years back be rectified now by…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly