Mother's will and property.

Property was in mother's name, mother died, family details - father still alive age 75, two sons 42 & 37. Both sons married. 1st son age 40 with 1 daughter and wife. second son 37 - one son with wife. Q1 - if the mother has not made any will then how it will be distributed? Q2 - in case the mother has made a will unwillingly under pressure in elder son's name or his daughter's name then how the younger son can claim the share?

Answers (1)

450 votes
Assuming you are governed by Hindu Law, the property of a female Hindu dying intestate shall devolve firstly upon the sons and daughters (including the children of any pre-deceased son or daughter) and the husband. Property of a female Hindu to be her absolute property,therefore can be disposed it off what ever manner they deem fit and can not be questioned it unless influenced by any fraud or misrepresentation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles