Maharashtra Society laws and SOC.membership to minors. after gift deed

Hello, Recently my mother has executed a registered gift deed of one the society plot in Maharashtra in the name of my son who is minor and I am his guardian as mentioned in the registered gift deed. When we applied to the society to change the membership however they denied saying that it is an illegal transfer of the property and they can not change the society membership. Could somebody please let me know the MAHARASHTRA society act regarding this and how can we resolve this issue.

Answers (1)

125 votes

This is my response to you:
1. You will have to quote The Indian contract act;
2. The gift deed is valid;
3. You can state those reasons to the society;
4. If they don't listen then send them a notice asking for an explanation;
5. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles