Late possession penalty when no registration or agreement done

Hi, My builder (Godrej Properties, Pune) has delayed the possession by 9 months. I would like to ask my builder to pay penalty for the same but I have not done registration or agreement for my flat but paid almost ninety five percent of the amount over the last 3 years. What are my options in this case (no registration or agreement)? How much and what type of penalty I can ask for ? Can I cancel the whole transaction and get all my money back?

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli