Issue with property. Do we need seller's wife sign for registration.

I have paid full money to B party for the property purchase(Property is came from His father) and all property document is ready for registration. B party have a wife and minor son. His wife is now suffering from some desises and admitted in hospital from past 3 months, doctor told she will not survive at any cost and she is not in position to walk also. 1. Is it possible to do property registration with B party alone? or His wife is also required for it. 2. If his wife dies, then can we able to do property registration with only B party. 3. Is there any ways to do registration with B party?

Answers (1)

200 votes

If Party B has acquired the property from his father, then his wife will have no right on the said property.

The documents has to be executed between you and party B.

However if the property is in joint name of party B and his wife, then wife of party B can execute power attorney in favour of party B and the property can be registered.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles