How to get property registered when the last owner died

My father brought an property from a person in 1994 with proper stamp paper along with witness person in the village.. the agreed amount also settled to the person. But it not registed in revenue department. But the land tax ,water tax and electricity bill paid update this month from 1994. Since my father moved to new place .. He want to sell that property. For registration the first owner need to sign.. So he approched to there family. And the person who sold had died and he did not have any children..Her wife agreed to sign.. But during registration she is not signing..My father told if you want take this property and give the current market value and extra construction which I did.. For that also she is not ready to take . And not leaving to sell Please give me some input . How to proceed?

Answers (2)

322 votes

According to your statement the property in dispute is not registered but amount paid to the owner of the property. You mentioned about the witness. Now the following question Arise1. Who hold the actual possession of disputed prpoety ? 2. Are The predeceased owner of the property and other witnesses are signed in the stamp paper that is sale deed or not? . Now more then 20 years gone. The legal heir that is wife of the owner refused to register the property to your father in this circumstances You may approach an appropriate court for your remedy.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

90 votes

An unregistered sale deed doesn't convey proper title to your father and it is not legally a valid document to claim the property. We can only show our possession through the other documents you have mentioned but not the title to the property. And I cannot speculate other remedy without going through the contents of the unregistered document you have. So kindly produce the mentioned unregistered document for perusal.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles