How to claim rightful share in grandfather property from cousin?

Sir/ madam I belonged to a Hindu family. My father has 11 siblings. My grandfather had a just a little amount of land and 2 to 3 houses. Among my fathers siblings 6 are male and rest female. 25 years ago they divided those properties among themselves. According to that partition one of the house was been splitted between my father and his brother. After the partition we left the place in their care and we left the place. My fathers brother has a daughter who are staying in the same house. Now after 25 years we request them to give our half property but they are denying to give the half instead they are giving quarter of it. Since my fathers brother died his daughter is not providing the land. Give me some initial suggestion to recover my land. Thank you

Answers (1)

315 votes

you may Institute an action in the court of law in the form of suit for possession. you can can file an application under order 39 rule 1 and 2 along with it asking for status quo as till the pendency of suit the the property may not be sold or rented out and may remain as it is

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles