How to claim legal rights after death of father

My father had started the business of my grandfather. He worked in the business almost 20 years . After my fathers marriage my grandmother emotional blackmailed and snatched from my father and gave to my father's brother. Today they are saying that" yours nothing and your father didn't work . So that here is no share in the property . They are not giving our share and saying your father is no more so that here no share of yours. And the room in which me and my family are living ..'we have no receipt of the room .we have just 27 years of living proof of that room. And they are saying leave the room and go from here n we will just give you an enough amount to buy a 2 room flat . Otherwise they are not agreeing to give our share in property. " i want to know what should we do now ?

Answers (1)

134 votes

You have the right as the grandson to claim share in the ancestral property. Your grandfather's property (including movable and immovable assets of the business) is your right. If you have been residing in a family dwelling unit for the past 27 years, you cannot be forced out of the house. It is your right and in case they threaten you, you can file an FIR with the local police. You should file a partition suit demanding your share in the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles