How do i claim my husband property after his death?

My husband has died due to long illness.. we don't have any child yet. how do i claim his property as his mother is alive but his father has died already before too early.. What documents will i need ,this is main question, so please help me somebody.. i would be very greatful to you..

Answers (1)

330 votes

For Hindus, in the death of a male, his property devolves to his widow one share, to all his children one share each and to his living mother one share.
In your case, It basically means the property will be divided between you and your mother in law. kindly contact us for further details

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles