How do i claim my husband property after his death?

My husband has died due to long illness.. we don't have any child yet. how do i claim his property as his mother is alive but his father has died already before too early.. What documents will i need ,this is main question, so please help me somebody.. i would be very greatful to you..

For Hindus, in the death of a male, his property devolves to his widow one share, to all his children one share each and to his living mother one share.
In your case, It basically means the property will be divided between you and your mother in law. kindly contact us for further details