quesHow can we get our share in our grandfather's ancestral property?

How can we get our share in our grandfather’s ancestral property? My father bought some shares from his brother and made a bigger share for himself and made the whole plot as his wherein I also paid around 2 lacs.


Father took a stay order when we asked about our share. The property is in my mother's name as well who has expired.


How can we go about it?


  • ans


    The factual matrix of your query is quiet hazy. You have not mentioned as to how many brothers your father have had. You have not mentioned the fact as whether there was and partition between your father and his brother after death / during lifetime of your grand father.


    In case you father purchases the share of his brother then he becomes sole and exclusive owner of that part of property although you mother is also a co-owner of that part of the property. 


    Further, being a coparcener you are entitled for equal share with your father which he got equal to his brother (assuming there was a partition), you are entitled to file a partition suit in civil court regarding only that extent of property which your father acquired as his share in the ancestral property (excluding purchased one from your uncle). 


    You are entitled to get vacated the stay (injunction)by filing appropriate application under Order 39, Rule-4 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908. Anyways, you will get remedy oriented and efficacious advice if you bring the real facts along with the relevant documents.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

i want to file a suit for partition on ancestral properties. what documents do i…
who is the owner of assets of father after expired? sons or wife who will…

My shop is under a redevelopment scheme. I had given the possession of my shop…

I have been allotted a plot in sector 57 Gurgaon. As per allotment letter we…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly