×

quesFalse electricity connection.

I'd like you all to advise me on how to deal with the undermentioned situation. One of my acquaintance is a tenant and has applied for a new connection to WBSEDCL on 10/12/13, On 13/12/13 the connection was granted. After a dispute with the landlord on 27/2/14, a police case was filed by the tenant against forcible eviction. The landlord through his influence got their electricity disconnected On 21/3/14. The deptt. did not send any notice or any documents to substantiate the disconnection.

On the same day they sent a letter to the Divisional Manager WBSEDCL asking to restore the connection and enquired for the reason for such an unlawful disconnection. The Div. Manager is yet to reply, paying no heed to their appeal. The tenant with their children and her ailing mother are leaving in the dark for the past two months.

• ansWSEDCL has taken illegal step in disconnecting your electricity without giving any notice and without citing any reason. File a Writ Petition immediately before the High Court praying for immediate restoration of electricity which has been illegally disconnected.