Encroaching the common area.

I have purchased a flat in B+G+3 apartment (total 72 BHK & 3 BHK flats) at South Bangalore. More than half of the flats have been occupied and out of that some of them have got the respective flats registered in their name whereas the rest have not yet registered their flats. Builder is not willing to obtain Occupancy Certificate as there are deviations to the extent of 13%.

Now problem is that 20-25 flat owners have encroached the sub-passages (encroached area vary between 3-4' X 4-20') and have fixed iron gates there. It's a clear case of encroachment. Can I file a complaint with BBMP, will I also receive a Notice for shifting without obtaining Occupancy Certificate?

Yes, you can file complaint with the local Municipality. If the Developer is also involved in this then you can file case in consumer forum as well.