Does property made by father be asked for partition along ancestral?

hello father has purchased a land in 1977 when he was 24yrs by his own he was working as a kooli in a factory.... my grandfather's property has been changed khata to my father's name...and that was signed by all there brothers to make khata in my father name...but they have not made any partition till father, after marrigae he has settled in Bangalore for more than 30yrs my father's elder brother son has raised an issue to give partition in the land which my father had purchased own ....does this include in ancestor property to make partition.....please reply me

Answers (2)

179 votes

Hi sir/madam, you have to establish your father has purchased the property from his own fund/income, it amounts to self acquired property of your father. if yes, there is no question giving share in the said property to other legal heirs. You should produces the supported relevant documents like ration card, voter ID, corresponding letters, his employment documents, salary slip/voucher, bank statement, bank pass book, Electricity Bills, Water Bill it will established the separate residing from his house in the year 1977 and before years to work hard and his earned hard money to purchased the said property in his name. If you want my legal service I will do it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

272 votes

Ancestorial property can be subjected to partition. If there is denial of your share then file suit for partition. Property standing in your father's name can also be called for partition if the source of purchase money was from your grand parents.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles