Division of mother's property done, can claim for sister's property?

In a dhana nishaya adharam, is it needed to have both witness signature and no objection. In my case i have only witness signature of my sister. Is there any possibility to claim her share tomorrow from my property. This porperty is from my mother.

Answers (1)

118 votes

No your sister can not claim her share in the property transferred in your favour by your mother, only if the said property is of self acquired nature as Dhana nischayam literally means commitment of wealth by one person to another by way of a Gift. Thus, as the gift deed has been registered. And if the said property is of ancestral nature then she can claim her share in the said property and for that you were required to get a relinquishment deed signed by her.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles