Di I have right over father's property after divorce?

I'm the only daughter of my parents. And living with them from last 8 years after my divorce along with my daughter. My father is retired person. I'm doing job to provide my daughter a better life n also contributing towards the house. Due to regular issues at my home, my father keeps on frightening me that it's my property i'll sell this property off then where will i'll go. I'm paying rent to my father also for which i have receipts with me. I want an advise that is there any provision in Indian law through which i can hold upon this property?

Answers (1)

431 votes
If it is your father's self acquired property, he can dispose the said property as he pleases. You have no right on the property, acquired by him.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles