Daughter had sent legal notice to mother and younger son for property

I'm Hindu and my sister has sent a legal notice to me and my mother for property share which our father owned . Our father died in 1995. My father had a son who was born to my father's first wife. My mother gave part of the property to first wife's son and later constructed 3 upstairs by her earnings and money by home loan. So now does my mom have to give share from the entire house or only from the portion which father had owned.

Answers (1)

53 votes

Your sister s entitled for share from her father property only she cannot claim any share out of your mother 's investment during her living. Your father property will be equally shared among all his children and wife. If your father' s first wife s alive then your mom and she will get a share and both wil have to divide half in that share. Or else the entire property of your father s equally divided to his wife and you three children.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles