Daughter had sent legal notice to mother and younger son for property

I'm Hindu and my sister has sent a legal notice to me and my mother for property share which our father owned . Our father died in 1995. My father had a son who was born to my father's first wife. My mother gave part of the property to first wife's son and later constructed 3 upstairs by her earnings and money by home loan. So now does my mom have to give share from the entire house or only from the portion which father had owned.

Hello,
Your sister s entitled for share from her father property only she cannot claim any share out of your mother 's investment during her living. Your father property will be equally shared among all his children and wife. If your father' s first wife s alive then your mom and she will get a share and both wil have to divide half in that share. Or else the entire property of your father s equally divided to his wife and you three children.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli