Can mother's sister have share in mother's property?

My mother is handicapped and her sisters want her property. For that they were having my mother's signs in front of judge of Civil Court. Because she was in pressure she signed that staement in which all the sisters are cosharer in her property. Now my father is dead and we don't have any house to live in.

My mother's sisters have not agreed to give sufficient money to us to live our life easily. What should I do? Please help me.

Answers (1)

294 votes

Disputing a document signed in the Court is difficult and you need to have a strong and cogent piece of evidence for the same. It is important as to when did she first resist to the papers that were signed by your mother. Moreover, it is also essential as to what was the pressure under which your mother signed the papers. If you are able to show sufficient cause as to the reasons / pressure for signing the paper, then the Court may consider your plea.

You have stated that your mother is handicapped. This can also be mentioned as an additional ground seeking relief from the Court.

You can file a suit for declaration of title, interest and recovery of possession (in case they are staying in the property) and there you can adduce evidence as to prove that the document was signed under coercion.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles