Can i claim my grandfathers land which was not claimed by my father

my grandfather used to own a land of 11 acres before 1988 this land was not claimed by my father . i have taxes paid before 1983 on agricultural land can i shift land on my name

Answers (1)

114 votes

Even if the land was not claimed by your father, he was the legal heir of your grandfather and after his death you become the legal heir of the said property by virtue of being your father's legal heir. Hence, you first need to obtain a legal heir certificate from the SDM office and then transfer the property in your name.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Actually, my brother was died 30 years ago. At that time, he was married and his wife was left with a son. However, she remarried and that guy adopted…

Read More

My grand father got some property from his grandfather i.e. ancestral property and earned some on his own. Now can he make some statement according to…

Read More

We have propery cases going on since the time of my great grand father...i come from a royal family and after the english left country all the propert…

Read More

we have some property within our possession since 45 years .in the mean wile partition was done with my brother(b/w me and my brother) in 20 years bac…

Read More