Can a redevenlopment registered agreement be amended

A tenented premises which was under redevenlopment had a time bound clause of 24 months suo motto which it stands cancelled, but tenancy rights prevails untill permanent accomodation is handed over to tenanent on ownership bases. if the devenloper fails to construct & hand over permanent accomodation on ownership bases within time frame than tenent can enter & occupy the said property. clause further states that till the time devenloper make good losses of tenant caused due to delay or any other nature, the tenant will have lien on the property & he can occupy it. now my question is the time frame is about to end, rcc structure has just started upto 2nd floor, it looks as if it will take another 2 yrs. financial condition of devenloper is not good. what step should be taken by tenent. devenloper is asking for amendment in time frame? can it be done and registered. he does not have money to pay for rentAls for (18 MONTHS) extended period he want to give 6 X 3 months pdc's which is to be deposited as & when his funds will be available. please guide me, what steps to be taken.

Answers (1)

229 votes
Time period can always be extended bilaterally. Let the developer give a bank guarantee if time period for the completion of redevelopment is extended on account of his failure to complete the work within the original time period and also bear the rent of the premises for the duration of the extended time period.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles