Builder not letting me see my flat & asking for money

I bought a flat 4 years back which is due for more than 2.5 years as per the contract. The penalty clause for delay as per agreement seems to be only on paper. Recently I received a letter for completing some work in my flat from the builder's office. I visited area thrice and everytime I was told that I cannot see my flat for some reason or the other. I sent mails and letters to the Builder to allow me to see my flat before I make payment but there is no response from them till date. What can I do in this case?

I do not think that there is any such prohibitory clause in the Agreement that you can not inspect your flat. Even if there is such a condition, the same is arbitrary and illegal. Issue a legal notice demanding inspection, payment for delayed possession as per penalty clause and state clearly that no further payment would be made unless inspection is allowed and payment of penalty clause is made.