quesBuilder not letting me see my flat & asking for money

I bought a flat 4 years back which is due for more than 2.5 years as per the contract. The penalty clause for delay as per agreement seems to be only on paper. Recently I received a letter for completing some work in my flat from the builder's office. I visited area thrice and everytime I was told that I cannot see my flat for some reason or the other. I sent mails and letters to the Builder to allow me to see my flat before I make payment but there is no response from them till date. What can I do in this case?

  • ansI do not think that there is any such prohibitory clause in the Agreement that you can not inspect your flat. Even if there is such a condition, the same is arbitrary and illegal. Issue a legal notice demanding inspection, payment for delayed possession as per penalty clause and state clearly that no further payment would be made unless inspection is allowed and payment of penalty clause is made.

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Kindly give MHADA GR stating flat can be sold after 5 years . Can any…
i want to purchase a land which is st/sc land. is that good decision or…
My neighbor i believe is doing illegal construction. He is building ground plus 3 more…
In 2011, we bought a land by sale deed executed between second power agent(means first…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>