Brother's illegal possession of deceased father's property documents

Hindu. My father died on 02 apr 16 at Hindaun city rajasthan without will. Father owned certain properties at Hindaun a d Jaipur whose papers were taken by eldest brother for safe custody at jaipur. Now he is playing mischief and not sharing details of properties. I am not aware of the properties at Jaipur.

Answers (1)

228 votes

File a suit for partition of all the properties of your father. Although you are not aware about the properties at Hindaun and Jaipur but you can mention about them in the suit. The court has the power to call for production of documents on its own under section 91 of CPC.
The notice will be sent to all the legal heirs of your father and all his properties will be partitioned.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles