Aunt's son claiming over grandfather's property after his death

My grandfather died before 1980 and grandfather property is now in my father and brother name now my aunt sons claiming they need equal rights so want to know they have equal rights note: my father and brothers only done my aunt marriage and taken care of my grandmother health

Answers (1)

342 votes

Your aunt's sons are also shareholders in your ancestral property and they have equal rights according to the new law from 2005. So they can file a partition suit and claim the share regardless your father spending to get your aunt married.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles