we are seperated for past 4 years.

23-Jan-2024 (In Muslim Law Law)
We are Muslims. My wife is not ready to live with me even after several request through relatives, Masjid committee, Restitution of conjugal rights. I stopped sending maintenance for past 2 years as she is not allowing me to talk to my Son. Now she has filed for Maintenance. My question is .. can i remarry when the case is going on. ?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
702 votes
Yes u being muslim can remarry even during the pendency of case. However, you may still retry for reconciliation and see if things can sort out !
You need to hire expert advocate for all your legalities
Plz b in touch
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
558 votes
Better to wait a bit marrying some other person. Appear in procedding of maintenance and tell the court since she isn't living with me so you are not bound to maintenance. Also tell the court or file a suit for restitution of conjugal right for which send her a legal notice of RCR. Let's see what happens in RCR.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."