Who is liable when there an accident

On dec 24th around 6.30 PM my dad and his colouge sitting back of Activa was hit by a bike. Both got Major injuries and hospitalised. My dad had surgery to right hand wrist and a finger broken and his colouge had left hand bone fracture and had surgery in government hospital. Both are discharge now but his colouge kept case on my dad for money. what should we do when it was moved to court. Do we have to pay compensation for him?

Answers (3)

303 votes

This suggestion only.If the police officer registered the case against driver of the vehicle. When point is for compensation the accident vehicle is insurance in one company on merits of the case of compensation the honble court award the compensation to the injured. If there is no insurance of vehicle the owner of the vehicle is laible. If the case is not registered ,to take for amicably settlement in between both parties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

161 votes

Dear Sir
After receiving the summon copy from court, you have to approach the court along with your Advocate.
you need not bother about this case becuase , in this case your father also got injuries.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
319 votes

No.your father need not pay any compensation to his colleague. You did not mention whose fault your father’s or bike? Check with your Activa insurance policy laibility. Your father is not responsible for his claim

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I bought a second hand vehicle from a person. The vehicle is registered to person A. I had gotten into an accident with this vehicle. Because of this …

Read More

My driver crashed in to a motorcyclist wherin the motorcyclist suffered minor injuries, he took him to the doctor but ran away when he got to know tha…

Read More

Recently my bike got hit to a car. It was a minor accident because of sudden break applied by car driver. Car sustained minor scratch only. Car driver…

Read More

I have residential proof in Haryana and I am working in Bangalore. If i purchase a car in Haryana with Haryana registration and transfer the same to B…

Read More