Vehicle lent to friend without license & police called for counselling

My vehicle is caught by police for lending it to a friend without license which I was not aware of and happened in my ignorance. We are asked to attend counselling today by the police and will be sent to court after the counselling. I am preparing for UPSC. Will court prosecute me under criminal charges and affect my government job in future? I am worried and demoralised about it.

Answers (2)

74 votes

Intention Ignorance has no place in law. You know you have given your vehicle to your friend without licence. If your friend have his driving licence, he did not do any mistake on his part. You are liable and you have to attend for police counselling. No criminal action initiated against you and it will not effect your carrer

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

99 votes

Dear Sir,
There is no problem for you, if the seized for lack of driving licence. if Your friend having driving, nowcan show the driving license to the police. if the police not accepted that, you can tell to Magistrate tge same. There is no problem in this regard.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear Sir, Whether head light and indicator grills are legal for Royal Enfield Classic 300 motor vehicle? Thanks & Regards…

Read More

My husband had an accident as Rickshaw came from wrong side..he himself got to the police. This was 3 yrs back and now we got call from police any thi…

Read More

Is the driver of the offending vehicle liable to pay compensation in motor claim case where there is no insurance policy of the offending ve…

Read More

My ex husband was riding the Scooty that’s in my name and met with an accident. The opp man died and now there’s a case. I received a notice from …

Read More