Party claiming compensation for the accident done by their mistake

23-Mar-2023 (In Motor Accident Law)
The couple in bike crossed the road and came opposite wrong way and hit my bike. She got permanent loss(a finger cut) now asking for compensation which is not affordable by me. Its their mistake coming in wrong way and not using brake and hit my bike. What should I do now?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
734 votes
Hello, if a case has been filed against you, kindly approach a lawyer with all the documents and contest the case and prove that there is no negligent on your part and that the accident had occurred only on account of negligent on their part. it is for the court of law to decide the case and that whether to award compensation and the amount of compensation.
Answer #2
794 votes
Whether your bike was insured at the time of accident? If so, then it'll be the insurance company who'll be paying the compensation awarded, if any. You can raise the question of victim coming in the wrong way in court and it'll result in reduction of compensation.
Answer #3
845 votes
it is a case to be proved by trial in the concerned criminal court but if your bike is insured against third party claims, the insurance company will bear the compensation if claimed by the victim and normally a lenient view will be taken by the court in awarding compensation to the victim.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."