MACT compensation award details in case of 9% per annum interest

my question is in a MACT compensation award judgement , if a judge gave award of 20 lakhs of compensation with 9% interest per annum from the date of filing till deposit means how much amount the deceased family will get if the case was about 4 years duration???

Answers (3)

346 votes

sir, the calculation would follow as;

20,00,000/- X 9% for number of days calculated from the date of filing till the date of deposit is made ( the days for which the petition was dismissed for default will be excluded)..... i will be able to say the accurate calculation if the date of Petition filed and the date of deposit made and the Dismissed for default period is known.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

229 votes

The deceased family will get rs. 2720000 along with the award amount together with the interest amount. If the period extends then the interest will also increase. Usually the interest will be awarded from the date of filing of the petition till the date of realisation

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
264 votes

Assuming the Interest is Simple Interest.
9% Interest on 20Lakh For one year is Rs 1,80,000 ( Rupees One Lakh Eighty Thousand) For Four Years The interest sums up to Rs. 7,20,000 (Rupees Seven Lakh Twenty Thousand).

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles