Caught by the police in drink and drive matter and calling to court

Hello me and my friends where coming back from party and my friend was driving my bike as i was lit bit high so he cought by the police and they filed a case and told him to come to the court on may so if il pay the fyn before may so can this case will close or still he has toh visit the court?

Answers (3)

193 votes

1. Was your friend drunk while driving?
2. If he was above the limit, then only can the police catch you and issue a challan;
3. If the police officer has not followed the proper procedure, issuing challan, did he mention the offence you committed then there is no case against your friend.
4. If he is guilty, then he can pay the fine and sort out the matter at the earliest stage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

87 votes

Yes you can pay fine as court will impose upon you, for that you have to wait for chargesheet after filing of chargesheet by the concern police station then only you can pay the fine you have to wait for chargesheet.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
59 votes

Hello, friends, you need not to pay any fine if you do not plead guilty before the court , you can proceed the case on merit as the charged leveled agianst me and my friend is false in nature, You simply approach the MV court and show yiur willingness to proceed the case on merit, you will Definately find some lacuna on the part of police while investigation and finally you will succeed. best of luck

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles