Brother died in a road accident causing injury to others. What to do?

My brother died in road accident while sitting as pillion rider .driver drove rashly causing accident injuring another person on other bike, what should we do now

Answers (2)

140 votes

You may first take the accident case papers from the concerned police station, then file accident OP before the concerned court through a Lawyer claiming compensation from the Insurance company. You should know against which vehicle the case was registered. Then you file case against the vehicle which caused the accident. Insurance company is liable to pay compensation to the dependants of deceased

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

226 votes

You should file a claim under Motor accident claim tribunal and claim compensation.
Documents required
1) Death certificate
2) Birth certificate of brother
3) FIR copy
4) PMI Report.

Depending on the age, education, employment of your brother, you will get compensation.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
25 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles