Accidental claim under Motor vehicle act if husband died in accident

we stay in Ghaziabad. My husband expire on 1 june 2015 in an accident and left me and my twin daughters (8 years) . it was the bike slip due to heavy rain in Pune. he was working in an MNC and was filling all return. would I be eligible for a claim under motor Vehicle act. if yes what would be the amount

Answers (3)

239 votes

Yes, the whole family of the deceased is entitled to claim including you and kid.
Claim is calculated on the age n income basis with a specific formula of the deceased.
File your claim petition immediately in motor accident claim tribunal.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

319 votes

Yes you can file for compensation under the Motor Vehicles Act. The amount of compensation will depend upon various factors including the age of your husband at the time of death, his salary as well as other factors.

Popular Motor Accident Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
143 votes

No you won't be eligible to seek a compensation for the death of your husband under the motor vehicle act because the motor vehicles act covers only third party insurance claim actions. Also, the first step under MACT is to lodge a FIR against the third party whose actions result in the accident.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Motor Accident Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles