Overcharged by hospital for services not required by patient

My mother died in March 2013 after spending almost 1 month in ICU. Though I won’t consider her case totally as Medical negligence, but surely would say that she was treated in a way to inflate the hospital bill. Like, day of her discharge, after we requested LAMA, hospital billed us for 5 nos. Dialysis done that day, which in any case is impossible to do. Likewise, there are many more instances. I challenged this in Consumer Court in 2015, but it was dismissed there. Now I want to know- if I can file a suit now ?

Answers (3)

252 votes

You can take legal action against the doctor if he was medically negligent. Also injury should also be taken into account. Otherwise you can not file suit against the doctor. You must first see that the doctor is medically negligent .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

68 votes

You can file a suit, and you can also file an appeal against the dismissal of your consumer case. However, there is time limit (Law of Limitation) to do either of those things. You need to act urgently.

Popular Medical Negligence Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
151 votes

dont worry you still have a lot of remedies with you. fist of all you can file for an appeal and it will be in the higher court. you can also file a complaint again the hospital and if successful even their license can be cancelled

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Medical Negligence Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles