Tenant ordered by court to vacate the premises how to remove him

In Landlord/Tenant Law

I am owning a building where a hotel is being run by the hotel owner for more than since 2010. Due to renovation we asked the hotel owner to vacate by duly giving him 3 months written notice. Intially he agreed to vacate. A week prior to the notice period is going to get expired, he filed a case on me stating that "i am threatening him with goondas to vacate him". We appealed against the case in the sessions court and finally the judgement was in our favour. The court asked the tenent to vacate the building. Let me know how to legally vacate him. Please help. I am a senior citizen

Answers (2)

268 votes

If you have been given a favorable verdict by court, immediately after the expiration of 30 days from the date of judgment, you may file an execution petition to execute the decree in your favor. You may ask for police assistance for executing the decree to evict the tenant if it is apprehended that the tenant may resist the court order or the Ameen executing the order.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

342 votes

please clarify whether your tenant had filed a criminal case or civil case. a proper procedure to vacate your tenant is that you have to give a three months notice t your tenant to vacate the premises as the same is in need of renovation. if not vacated, you approach your jurisdictional rent controller Court/civil court and file petition RCOP to vacate the tenant. thereafter if you got a order in your favour from the court, you have to follow the execution proceedings separately.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
9 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."