quesTenant not vacating the property.

My father rented a shop 28 years ago. The rent agreement is not renewed since then, also my dad seems to have misplaced the agreement. The tenant stopped paying the rent after 2002 and he closed the shop in 2008, but is not ready to vacate the shop. People say even if we file a case, we will lose because we do not have rent agreement and also the tenant by crook transferred electricity to his name. Is there anything we can do? Are there any chances of us winning the case? Also, shouldn't rent agreement be renewed every year? Since the shop is close and he doesn't even pay rent, I should get the shop?

  • ansYou may file a case for recovery of possession to get the shop vacated from the tenant. No lawyer can beforehand predict the outcome of a legal proceeding, albeit you do stand a good chance.

  • Send Legal Notice For Tenant Eviction With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Landlord/Tenant Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am planning to open a PG in rented property. Is it allowed legally? What…

The room where I am staying with my Mom in New Delhi is very unsafe because the…

I've been staying in Chennai since the last 4 years in a rented house. I…

I was staying on a rent in Gurgaon and had paid 40,000 deposit to my…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly