Revision of rent from Rs.100 for a house in Delhi

I have a house in delhi. In 1950 My grandfather had given the ground floor on rent. The tenant has expired and his grandson is living in this portion and I give him rent recipt on the name of his grandfather. The rent is only Rs. 100. He occupied 40feet area. Can i revise the rent. Market or fair rent of such area should be above Rs 18,000. There is no agreement.

Answers (2)

307 votes

Why dont you get your property evicted. If u want you can contact. But regarding increasing rent you can sit together with your tenant and can talk and enter into a new rent agreement with fresh terms and conditions

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

112 votes

Yes ! You can revised the rent . You can move an application before the court for fixation of rent as per present market value.
Even if you want to eviction , you can file a suit for eviction under delhi rent control act after giving proper notice
Thanks and regards

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."