Revision of rent from Rs.100 for a house in Delhi

I have a house in delhi. In 1950 My grandfather had given the ground floor on rent. The tenant has expired and his grandson is living in this portion and I give him rent recipt on the name of his grandfather. The rent is only Rs. 100. He occupied 40feet area. Can i revise the rent. Market or fair rent of such area should be above Rs 18,000. There is no agreement.

Why dont you get your property evicted. If u want you can contact. But regarding increasing rent you can sit together with your tenant and can talk and enter into a new rent agreement with fresh terms and conditions

Yes ! You can revised the rent . You can move an application before the court for fixation of rent as per present market value.
Even if you want to eviction , you can file a suit for eviction under delhi rent control act after giving proper notice
Thanks and regards

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers