Rented shop for last 40 years demolished without prior notice

We have a rented shop ,property owned by Jain trust was demolished without prior notice 2 days ago .our stock and furniture was inside the stock. They took away everything .we lost the case in court of law 12 years ago .the court given the degree against us to empty and handover possession but they did not took action that time . Please tell me the sections in which the case will be framed against the trustees for demolishing the shop and taking away my stock,furniture and cash kept in shop Does the degree get void given against us by court since the does not took action for last 12 years

Answers (3)

228 votes

it seems that the passing of the decree by the court you did not not preferred the actions available in the law and ths execution was pending in the court which was either not in your knowledge but dispite of the above taking away the stock against the wishes of the jd is an punishable offence in law and action on your part

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

296 votes

the facts and circumstances as narrated by you are neither adequate nor clear enough to provide you with an appropriate response. However, from what could be gathered it appears that you might have recourse to both civil and criminal remedies. It is advised that you seek consultation for a detailed and appropriate feedback.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
82 votes

You can file case for house tresspass and theft because posession can be taken only by lawful means. A complaint must be filed before the court directly. Police will not infere as the matter was before the rent court earlier as per your own version.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."