Rented for business already invested owner asking to vacate

from feb-2015 i have started a restaurant on a rented commercial property. till now i have paid rent on time by cash. our rent agreement also mentions that rent has to be paid in cash. now owner need the place for himself to do some business. i have put more then 10 lakh to get the restaurant running. i have not yet earn from the business as it requires some more time to settle. what can i do now?

Answers (1)

343 votes

you must issue legal notice to the owner as committing breach of contract i an offence. you can also sue by way of filing civil suit and also criminal case. one will have to see your Rent Agreement to give proper advice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."