Landlord sell the house to another person i am living in it for 30 yrs

I am widow .My Husband died in 2013.I am reside in a separate house and landlord are not reside in this house .I am reside in this house from last 30 years.This is one room /kitchen and independent roof,but My landlord not taken rent from last 2 years and now he has sell the house to other person .New landlord threat me from other persons that he will built first floor and stop to go on roof.I am ready to purchase the house but old landlord sell the house to other person .Now but i will do.

Answers (2)

309 votes

You will need to file a civil suit before the district court for possession and interim injunction with further reliefs. The court should the pass an order that would prevent the landlord from evicting you from the premises till the suit is decided. Please contact the Law Rato team for further assistance.

287 votes

Unfortunately under the circumstances you cannot do much. You cannot pre-empt the sale. A valid sale gives all the rights to the buyer in respect of the property although he also would be bound by the tenancy agreement signed by you with the earlier landlord. Thus, all you can do is to ensure that if he wants to evict you from the place he must do so as per Law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."