landlord refuse to return 2month security deposit after 2 month notice

"it is mutually agreed that the lessors and lessee may terminate the lease agreement at any time by giving 2 months notice,or pay two months rent in lieu thereof after the lock-in-period. the lock in period for this lease is six months. the lease cannot be terminated from either side till 02-11-2015 and if lessee wants to terminate the lease then the lessee will have to pay rent amount for the balance period upto 02-11-2015 as compensation toward early termination of lease in addition to two months notice period" 2 months notice was given for termination on 5-11-15 , please advice

Answers (2)

352 votes

Your query is silent on the fact, what advise you seek from us. I

n case you seek advise on whether you can terminate the agreement, then you are required to pay rent upto 2.11.2015 and give them a notice of 2 months . Further your  six months starts from the date of execution of lease deed.

247 votes

It is important, the mode by the way of which you gave notice to terminate. Written notice is easy to prove, compared to oral notice which may require independent witness. In the event your landlord is not refunding security amount you may file recovery suit, or suit fot specific performance of contact. For more information you may contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."