Landlord not allowing me to enter the premises

There was a marraige in my in laws I was there my rent was due by 15 days, when I came back I saw landlord lock my house I am here with family what do I do? I asked him to pay my rent on 3rd of may but he refuse to open.

Answers (2)

171 votes

File a complaint with the policenstation. Call at 100 no for instant relief and ask the police to reinstate you in the property. Thereafter file a suit for permanent injunction against the landlord so that he may not dispossess you without the due process of law

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

112 votes

now the legal question is whether u have rent agreement of the said premisis or not if it whether it is continued or not . being a legal tenant u can lock your premises and enjoy as per your desire. now u told 15 days rent is balance with u .your land lord cannot lock your premisis in your absence as your household items are lying with premisis hence act of landlord is unjustified ucan file comlaint against him.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."