Can the landlord increase the rent of the flat every year?

I have rented a shop in Thirumulaivoil near ambattur for 10 years. My land lord is increasing the rent by 500 for a year is it legal to refuse from giving the increased amounts. Or should I file a complaint against him in court.

it is very much legal and arbitrary to increase the rent per month. it is usually 5-10 percent of the rent amount which is to be increased by the landlord but here your landlord is increasing 500 only. so you dont have to move to court against this you can have an agreement made in case you feel its unfair.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers