×

quescan i ask tenant to vacate premises if he does not deposit 2 mth rent

How can I get to know if the tenant has deposited the rent in the court. I have not received the receipts from my tenant that he has deposted the rent in the court and he is not contactable. Can I move for eviction if he defaults to deposit rent for 2 months in the court under the rent control act?

• ansSir, please file an application for withdrawal of rent that has been deposited by the tenant and it will be revealed whether or not he has deposited the rent as directed. In the event it is discovered that he has failed to deposit rent as directed then the court may be moved for eviction in terms of Section 14 of the Delhi Rent Act or for failure to abide by the orders of the court in terms of Section 15 (1) of the Act

Advocate Rajat Joseph

Nizamuddin East, Delhi

• ansyes,you can seek eviction on the ground of non payment of rent under Delhi rent control act.You need to send a legal notice thereby demanding the arrears of rent to find out if he has deposited any rent in the court.

Advocate Narender Kumar Sachdeva

Kailash Colony, Delhi