Harassment & defamation by finance company due to wrong at their end

Hi, I opted for a consumer durable loan and due to incorrect bank account updation from their end they charges me for 3 check bouncing charges. In the first month itself i have provided them the correct bank details however then also they submitted 2 more times and got the checks bounced. The check bounce is also not due to insufficient funds, it is as i had closed that account. I went to the branch 3 time to get the correct details updated and once to get the check bounce charges waived off and it was promised to me as well. Now almost after one year, their collection agency called me and misbehaved and humiliated me and my wife. Post the call i went to the same branch and when asked the Manager, he said that he missed to waive off the charges and he provided me the NOC then and there. Post that when i called the Customer care to stop the collection agency calls, they said it will continue for 48 hours and i continued to get humiliated. Can i ask for compensation?

Answers (1)

324 votes

in this case you opted counsumer durable loan, you furnish first time one bank details after you furnishfurnish not updated your bank details,you consult manager he said that he missed waive off the charges and he provided noc thecustomer care to continue after 48 hours you issued notice to other side nd file defamation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles