Can I start my own company without resigning from current employment

Can i start my own company in information,tech without any releaving letter,termination letter from my current employer.i have no bond signed.worked for more than 15 years in my current comoany.also i may me treated absconding.

Answers (2)

112 votes

You may start but better to send registered letter or email and inform them that you are going to leave within one month, so that may arrange any other alternate. Coz you worked for 15 years and company might be given you lots of responsibilities. rest it is you, who have to decide.
Good luck.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

172 votes

Nothing bars you from starting from your company. You'll have to see your contractual agreement with regards to any non compete clause in the same but you can start a new company without any requirement of any documents/permission from your current employer.

If you wish to leave the company you're currently working in, it would be advisable to get a relieving letter etc as the same would mean that your current employer will state that he has have claims pending against you.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles