×

quesI deleted work because of non payment, now client harassing me. Advise

I am indian and completed 8 project for my foreign client. He made my payment but after one month filed chargeback and all payment reversed. I Contacted Freelancer.com Support and they are saying client filed dispute against his payment source. Client use someone else credit card and make a fruad payment and after sometime it was reversed. So i deleted his all 8 site that completed by me. Now he is mently harrasing me and saying he will file a case against me if i will not fix his site. So tell me please i have all payment revesed and chats and freelancer support screenshot as a proof. Tell me this client from finland and i am from indian. Is he able to make case against me and if he file a case then where he file in india or finland. What type of crime i was made. Because i only delete my work because i didn't get paid. So please answer me.

• ansHi, it does boil down to the conditions of any contract that you may have had. But that said, he can file a case against you (most likely civil), but he would have to prove his case in court and you should have adequate protection since you were not paid and you should file a counterclaim against him for the amount due + interest + costs of the court proceedings. To file a case here, he would have to hire a lawyer here in India and you would have to as well to defend yourself. I am no aware of the Finnish law in this aspect, but very likely he would not have a case there as you, the intended respondent, lives outside the jurisdiction of Finnish courts.

Advocate Anirban Sen

Mayur Vihar - 1, Delhi