quesI deleted work because of non payment, now client harassing me. Advise

I am indian and completed 8 project for my foreign client. He made my payment but after one month filed chargeback and all payment reversed. I Contacted Freelancer.com Support and they are saying client filed dispute against his payment source. Client use someone else credit card and make a fruad payment and after sometime it was reversed. So i deleted his all 8 site that completed by me. Now he is mently harrasing me and saying he will file a case against me if i will not fix his site. So tell me please i have all payment revesed and chats and freelancer support screenshot as a proof. Tell me this client from finland and i am from indian. Is he able to make case against me and if he file a case then where he file in india or finland. What type of crime i was made. Because i only delete my work because i didn't get paid. So please answer me.

  • ansHi, it does boil down to the conditions of any contract that you may have had. But that said, he can file a case against you (most likely civil), but he would have to prove his case in court and you should have adequate protection since you were not paid and you should file a counterclaim against him for the amount due + interest + costs of the court proceedings. To file a case here, he would have to hire a lawyer here in India and you would have to as well to defend yourself. I am no aware of the Finnish law in this aspect, but very likely he would not have a case there as you, the intended respondent, lives outside the jurisdiction of Finnish courts.

    Advocate Anirban Sen

      Mayur Vihar - 1, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the International Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best International Law lawyers in India

Similar questions

I work in Embassy of Poland. I wish to adopt a lady as mother who…
Hy I live in delhi and I want to marry a girl from holland in…

I have filed a FIR against my father inlaw, mother inlaw, husband & brother inlaw…

Dear sir, is their any dual citizenship policy in india? what are the rights to…

International Law Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran

 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Dhruv Banerji

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 4 years

Advocate Jai Dehadrai

  Hauz Khas
 Experience: 6 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly