Want to divorce wife because of no mutual understanding

I want to divorce my wife because of we have not mutual understanding.I can't live with her.I have already spent 4 years with her but now I don't want to live in relationship with her.

Answers (5)

You can file a divorce petition but before that few things have to be kept in mind like custody of child, maintenance etc. Ground for divorce will be more clear after knowing the entire fact. You can contact for the same

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Sir, Sure you can file for divorce under section 13 of HMA and if it will mutual divorce then within 2-3 hearing you will get divorce but if its not mutual one then it may stretch for while and your wife can claim alimony/ maintenance.
Please contact me if you looking forward for the divorce.

Thank you
Sarvesh Roy (Advocate)
Supreme court

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Is your wife also of the same opinion? Does she also want to take divorce from you? In case both of you want to go ahead with the same, you can file a suit for mutual divorce otherwise you can file a suit for divorce stating the reasons therein.

You can either end it mutually under section 13(b) by moving a mutual application. But for that the consent of wife is needed. If the consent is not there you will have to file an application for divorce in the lower court.

If both are agree to leave separately
then you have to file divorce petition, and go through aforesaid rules
but only you want to get divorce ,
it will not be easy,
there is many tecnaality.
For more details contact me

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

In 2008 I had filed diverse case. In the case my wife sought maintaince under 24. She filed DV case and sought maintince rs 2500 under sec 23. Again i…

Read More

My sister is getting divorced with mutual consent ( irreconcilable differences) in U.S. , will be considered valid in India too? If my sister is marri…

Read More

Allredy me and my wife ek Sal sya sepaleration may hu,mera wife bahut bar humko insult or necklegency kiya, mera papa or mami ko physical and mentally…

Read More

Hi, I am staying separate with my kid from my husband from last 10 months due to things not working between us. I am still not able to make up my mind…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue